Which Blood & Plunder nation and faction should you play? There are currently 7 different nations and 59 different factions for the game. Here you can find the overviews, details, and recommendations for play style on nearly EVERY nation and faction in Blood & Plunder.
Update January 2023: We are adding factions from the Raise the Black expansion. Here is the full faction list from that book.
Click here for a full checklist of factions.
The Spanish empire is in decline, but they can still put up a fight. With extensive unit variety and diverse factions, Spain has lots of interesting options.
Numerous and determined to carve out homes in the New World, the English are stout-hearted and won’t back down from a fight.
- English Buccaneers
- English Caribbean Militia
- English Royal Navy
- North American English Militia
- English Pirate Hunters
- English Expeditionary Forces
- New England Militia
- New England Privateers
- New England Village Garrison
- Morgan’s Buccaneers
- Kidd’s Privateers
- Church’s Raiders
Faction Video Guides
Skilled in the ways of war, the French are a dangerous foe. They are well-equipped and are quick to adopt new tactics.
- French Buccaneers
- French Caribbean Militia
- French Royal Navy
- French Expeditionary Forces
- Canadian Militia
- New France Garrison
- French Canadian Privateers
- French Raiders
- Flibustiers Nau
- Flibustiers de Graff
- Iberville’s Expeditionary Force
Faction Video Guides
The Dutch excel at sea and are always eager to get into a brawl. They are extremely well-equipped and dangerous.
Trained warriors fighting on their home turf, the Native Americans are a dangerous foe.
Aligned with no nation, these desperate men fight for plunder and independence.
Many European nations had colonies in the New World.
The factions above come from the Blood & Plunder Core Rulebook, No Peace Beyond the Line and the Fire on the Frontier expansion books. When the Raise the Black expansion ships, many more pirate factions will be added, along with army factions, maroons, more Native tribes, privateers, navies, and more!
Other Blood & Plunder Game Info and Guides
If you enjoyed this ship overview, be sure to check out some of our other top Blood & Plunder content:
- Ultimate Guide to Blood & Plunder Ships – Get the stats, reviews, assembly & painting guides for every Blood & Plunder ship.
- Terrain Recommendations – Reviews and suggestions for great 28mm scale wargaming terrain for your game table.
- Battle Reports – See the game in action with pictures and written analysis or watch some of our battle report videos.