Blood & Pigment is a blog dedicated to the game of Blood & Plunder, a 28mm skirmish style, miniatures wargame by Firelock Games set in the Golden Age of Piracy. This is the premiere place to find all the latest news, ship building tutorials, army building stats, force list recommendations, terrain and painting hobby tutorials and much more.
Our Top Blood & Plunder Content
Check out these quick links to the top Blood & Plunder articles and guides for the game.
Ship overviews, Stat cards, Force Building Info, Painting & rigging guides, video reviews
Nation and Faction reviews, Commander Analysis and Force Building tips
Reviews and suggestions for great 28mm scale wargaming terrain for your game table.
See the game in action with pictures and written analysis or watch some of our battle report videos.
Latest News and Articles for Blood & Plunder
Blood & Pigment releases new articles and content for the game nearly every week.
- Intro to the Blood & Plunder Force Builder VideoLast Updated on January 23, 2023 The Blood & Plunder Force Builder has been an amazing resource for Blood & Plunder players over the years. If you haven’t used the Force Builder, take a moment to let Dan guide you through using this tool. Have fun theory crafting Blood & Plunder forces for the rest … Continue reading Intro to the Blood & Plunder Force Builder Video
- Charles Vane – Painted Blood & Plunder MiniatureLast Updated on January 22, 2023 The Raise the Black expansion includes a huge number of new “legendary” pirate commanders. Not only has Firelock Games delivered historical, fun and interesting sets of rules for each of these pirate commanders, but they have produced a set of 10 unique sculpts which you can buy on a … Continue reading Charles Vane – Painted Blood & Plunder Miniature
- The Iroquois – Blood & Plunder Faction ReviewLast Updated on January 20, 2023 The Iroquois were a powerful coalition of tribes in North America that were both fierce fighters and skilled negotiators. In Blood & Plunder, the Iroquois are one of the most aggressive and powerful native factions, excelling at woodland warfare and quick raids. As with all Native American in Blood … Continue reading The Iroquois – Blood & Plunder Faction Review
- Blood & Plunder Learn to Play – Quick Start Guide VideoLast Updated on January 16, 2023 We’ve been wanting to make a Learn to Play video for a long time and we finally got a start! It was a much more difficult job than initially anticipated! In this video we lay out the basics of a game while playing a full turn of a small … Continue reading Blood & Plunder Learn to Play – Quick Start Guide Video
- Stede Bonnet – Painted Blood & Plunder MiniatureLast Updated on January 16, 2023 Stede Bonnet is an entertaining and puzzling character. In Blood & Plunder, he’s not very competent, but he’s brave and won’t back down from a fight. This miniature comes from the Pirates of Legend set of multi-part plastic miniatures, part of the Raise the Black Kickstarter. For this Stede … Continue reading Stede Bonnet – Painted Blood & Plunder Miniature
- Golden Age Pirates – Blood & Plunder Faction ReviewLast Updated on January 21, 2023 Oh me hearties this has been a LONG time coming! After 2 years, a global pandemic, and the resulting logistical issues that ensued, Raise the Black! is finally here! With Blood and Plunder moving into the 18th Century, the Pirates finally have their own Nationality! Chief among the new factions … Continue reading Golden Age Pirates – Blood & Plunder Faction Review
- Dutch Militie – Painted Blood & Plunder MiniaturesLast Updated on January 9, 2023 Here’s a set of Dutch Militie painted up with Army Painter Speed Paints. There is a paint/product list at the bottom of this short article and some tips included between the photos. This unit is the basic militia unit for the various Dutch land factions in Blood & Plunder. … Continue reading Dutch Militie – Painted Blood & Plunder Miniatures
- Tips and Tricks for Assembling Raise the Black Plastic MiniaturesLast Updated on January 9, 2023 To be honest I wasn’t initially excited by the move to go to plastics miniatures instead of metals. I saw it as a pain and more work to eat my already busy schedule. But I love Blood & Plunder and the detail in the minis looked superior to the … Continue reading Tips and Tricks for Assembling Raise the Black Plastic Miniatures
- 18th Century Sloop Building Guide Video for Blood & PlunderLast Updated on December 31, 2022 Check out our new video on our YouTube channel. In this video, we walk through the complete building process for the new 18th Century Sloop that is part of the new Blackbeard vs. Maynard 2 Player Starter Box. This isn’t a really difficult model, but there are some good … Continue reading 18th Century Sloop Building Guide Video for Blood & Plunder
- How to Make an Easy Long John Silver Blood & Plunder MiniLast Updated on December 21, 2022 Long John Silver is one of the most iconic characters in the pirate genre. Silver is one of the chief antagonists in the Robert Louis Stevenson novel, Treasure Island (1883). Because of it’s popularity, Treasure Island has been turned in to plays, tv shoes and multiple full-length movies. When … Continue reading How to Make an Easy Long John Silver Blood & Plunder Mini
Receive email alerts of our latest posts:
You can unsubscribe at any time.
Blood & Plunder Tags
4Ground 6th Rate Frigate 28mm Wargaming Terrain Amphibious Boat Brigantine Buccaneers Campaign Characters Community Contrast Paints Dutch Dutch Force Building Easy Terrain English English Buccaneers English Caribbean Militia English Force Building Fire on the Frontier Fortifications French French Caribbean Militia French Force Building Frigate Global Campaign Historical Commander Land Battle Land Faction Legendary Commander Logwood Cutters Natives Painting Palisade Fort Pirate Hunters Pirates Preview Raise the Black Sailors Sea Battle Sea Faction Ships Sloop Spanish Spanish Force Building Spanish Militia Summer of Plunder 2022 Tutorial Unaligned Unaligned Force Building Videos