Blood & Plunder is a beautiful game that really catches the eye. I’d like to run this little contest to help players visually share their experiences with each other and, as a sneaky and piratey secondary goal, get some quality images to feature on this blog! I will be sending out 17th century CASH PRIZES in the form of genuine coinage from the 17th century Caribbean for winners to use as Fortune Points (or however you want!) in their games.
- The contest will run from May 1-June 30, 2020.
- I will select 3 winners, 1 runner-up and one randomly drawn winner during the first week of June, 2020.
- Prizes are subject to increase based on participation levels but they currently stand as:
- First Place, three 17th century Spanish copper coins
- Second Place, one French 1638 2 Deniers copper coin
- Third Place, one Spanish Copper “cob” coin
- Runner Up, everlasting glory (but no prize)
- One randomly selected contestant will get a Spanish 17th century silver 1 Reale coin.
- To qualify, images must be of Blood & Plunder miniatures and/or ships. Content, photo composition, lighting, and quality of painted game pieces will be considered. Photos could be of a real game, a set of painted minis, a completed army, a painted and rigged ship or a diorama-like setup.
- Pictures need to be decent quality. iPhones take great pictures nowadays but just make sure the image doesn’t get compressed into a smaller file when you send it. It need to be at least close to 600×400 pixels and preferably much larger. JPG and PNG are the preferred file types.
- Contestants can submit images via email to: email@example.com. You can also upload them to a file sharing site like Dropbox and send me a link.
- Please use “Blood and Plunder Photo Contest” as the email subject and include at least your first name and last name initial so I can contact you and credit you appropriately.
- THE CATCH & FINE PRINT. I would like to be able to use your Blood & Plunder pictures on this blog! When you submit a picture, please indicate if you are OK with me using it in upcoming articles and posts I will be putting up here for the community. I’m happy to give credit for each picture if you like. Please let me know clearly if can use it or not and if you would like to be credited or not.
- I’m in need of pictures of Dutch and French armies more than anything else.
- You can enter up to 10 of your favorite Blood & Plunder images but your name will only be entered once in the random drawing. Each image will be evaluated independently for the other prizes.
- When the contest is over, I will make a blog post sharing many of the top photos that are submitted.
I hope this will be fun! If nothing else, it gives you an excuse to get out your models and maybe try the new solitaire rules while you take some cool pics of your game during this COVID time.
Let me know if you have any questions!